August 22, 2013

Colorescience Setting Mist - Clarifying and Face Primer - Skin Mattifying: pics, swatches, reviews

Hello, Beautiful!

I have two products from Colorescience to help prep and set your makeup all day long, especially if you have oily and acne-prone skin (like me). In this post I will show you the Colorescience Setting Mist - Clarifying and the Colorescience Face Primer - Skin Mattifying. Check out my full review on each product, including all the product info, after each set of pics!





Colorescience Setting Mist - Clarifying

 


 


Colorescience Setting Mist - Clarifying Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $35.00 (4 fl oz full size). Available on the Colorescience website, at Dermstore, and everywhere else Colorescience products are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 4 out of 5 Kisses

The Colorescience Setting Mist - Clarifying, restores your skin. This nourishing mist is especially formulated to target oily and blemish prone skin. Prevents excess bacteria with willow bark, and soothes the appearance of inflammation associated with blemishes with licorice extract. It also gives skin an antioxidant boost with pomegranate extract. Also contains lime and orange blossom aroma waters, as well as carnelian crystal gemstone.

This setting mist comes in a metal bottle and it arrives with a cap on it and the sprayer separate, which is nice because if you plan to travel with this you can just take the sprayer out and put the cap on tightly to prevent any spillage.

The products comes out in a nice wide mist, so you'll likely get your entire face with just one spray. I will say I don't like the smell of this at all; it has a strong skincare/SPF scent - I'm really not sure how to describe it but the scent and my nose don't really agree. It's not the worst smell in the world and you'll get used to it.

I will say it does set my makeup nicely, helping to prolong the wear. I like all the ingredients in it that help with my oily and acne-prone skin. I know my skin happens to react really nicely to anything with willow bark, so I especially make sure I use this when I'm having a bad breakout. I think it does a little extra to help my breakouts heal.

It is a bit pricey for a setting spray, but you do get 4 oz and it is more than just a setting spray. It will help with your blemishes, so it's like a skincare blemish-fighting product and makeup setting spray in one, which to me makes the price okay.

I'd say if you have oily and acne-prone skin and are looking for a product to set your makeup AND help with your blemishes, then this is it! If you don't have oily or acne-prone skin you could always try one of the other setting mists from Colorescience. They have three total: the Clarifying (the one I'm showing you in this post), and a Hydrating one (great for those with dry skin), as well as the Sunforgettable version.




Colorescience Face Primer - Skin Mattifying

 

 





Colorescience Face Primer - Skin Mattifying Info & Review:
Cost/Availability: $50.00 (1 fl oz full size). Available on the Colorescience website, and everywhere else Colorescience products are sold. Click here to find a retailer near you.
My Rating: 5 out of 5 Kisses!

The Colorescience Face Primer - Skin Mattifying helps to control oil and shine with a soft matte finish while the universal nude shade minimizes the appearance of blemishes associated with problematic skin.

This 2-in-1 product is your sun protection with SPF 20 and your blemish treatment with 0.5% salicylic acid. Ideal for acne-prone and/or oily skin. Also contains oat beta glucan and hydrolyzed rice protein.

I've already tried the Colorescience Face Primer - Skin Bronzing Wild to Mild in the past, but I much prefer this Skin Mattifying Face Primer! This mattifying face primer has a thick, mousse-cream texture that blends out smooth and sets to a beautifully soft matte finish. It does have a scent to it, but I can't really figure it out; I wrote down lemon-citrus, but I could be way off with that description.

One pump is all you need for your face to perfectly prime your skin. I really liked the way it made my face feel. It was velvety soft and smooth, allowing my makeup to apply beautifully. I did think it controlled my oil and held my makeup in place longer.

This combined with the Colorescience Setting Mist - Clarifying (shown above) are two great prep and set products to use for those of us with oily and/or acne-prone skin. On days my skin is giving me issues I like to use this primer and I feel like the included salicylic acid helps to treat my blemishes even while I have makeup on.

This is one face primer I really liked and would recommend to anyone with acne-prone and/or oily skin!

Now let me know what you think...
What do you think of this setting mist and face primer? Have you tried either one of these products or did you add them to your beauty wish list? Discuss in the comments below.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, glad that I find someone with the same type of skin like me, there´s difficult to find reviews of this kind of products. I´m 40 over and still oily and acne prone, buuuu. I´ll read all your older posts to see what I can find to guide me, since I live in Mexico I have not access to all the products.
    I love Colorcience and was hesitant to get the primer, after reading I will have it.
    Please reviews of foundations.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Carmina: I have a ton of foundation reviews... if you click on "foundation" on the left side under "browse by category" you will find a ton of posts on foundation. I hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are set for me to approve them before they post. I do this so I can read each & every one, answering any questions that may be in a comment. Please share your thoughts and questions below :)